Rising Tide Brewing Company is an independent, family-owned brewery that anchors Portland, Maine’s vibrant East Bayside neighborhood. We are guided by creative flavors, quality, consistency, community, and a love of all things outdoors.
Working at Rising Tide is more than just a job, it is a community where all members work together to brew and share the best beers possible, create a warm and welcoming space, and support each other.
Rising Tide strives to be a great employer with competitive pay, great benefits, and a safe and friendly environment. We are fully committed to the mental and physical health and safety of our staff and our guests.
We are actively seeking applications from underrepresented groups of our community — gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation— so that we may better support and empower our staff and guests. See our current employment opportunities below.
Full Time Packaging and Warehouse Operations
Rising Tide Brewing Company is growing and looking to add a packaging and warehouse operations team member to the crew! This is an entry-level position and will be focussed canning and kegging of beer along with supporting our inventory management and moving raw materials and finished goods between our Portland brewery and warehouse facility in Westbrook. Base pay is 16.00/hr plus revenue sharing. This full time position offers a comprehensive benefits package, including low-cost health insurance, 401k with matching, paid time off and sick leave, and more. Rising Tide encourages and supports growth within the company.
Rising Tide is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified people are encouraged to apply. We strive to create a safe, inclusive, and fun work environment and expect all of our employees to work with us to support that goal.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume in MS Word or PDF format to [email protected] with the subject line "PACKAGING AND WAREHOUSE APPLICATION". Please include your full name in the file name of all attached documents. No drop ins or phone calls, please.
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The Packaging and Warehouse Operations position is responsible packaging operations as directed by the Packaging Manager and warehouse support operations as directed by the Packaging Manager and Warehouse Operations Lead. Additionally, this position is responsible for supporting plant and grounds maintenance as directed.
Skills and Abilities
- Flexible work schedule: May include early mornings, late evenings, and weekend shifts, and may vary from week to week.
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude is critical.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be punctual and self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple processes and operations at one time.
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately maintain log sheets and other written information.
- Ability to work with chemicals.
- Clean driving record and current driver’s license required.
- Class B CDL and forklift certification is a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, and email)
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Wash, sanitize, and fill kegs according to SOP.
- General cleaning of floors, equipment, and environment.
- Canning operations including depalletizing, filling, and seaming cans.
- Packaging QC including dissolved oxygen and seam specification monitoring.
- Load and deliver raw ingredients to the brewery.
- Load and deliver finished goods to the warehouse.
- Maintain neat and orderly warehouse with attention to safety, stock rotation, and PAR levels.
- Build orders for shipment to distributors and other customers.
- Maintain paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Adhere to brewery safety protocols, GMPs and SOPs.
- Support facilities maintenance as directed by manager
- Other tasks throughout the brewery as necessary.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 60lbs and move 165lbs.
- Must be able to work standing for 8-10 hours at a time, with frequent crouching, lifting, twisting, bending, and stair climbing.
- Ability to work in a wet, loud, environment.
- Ability to work safely and responsibly while alone.
Full Time & Part-Time Tasting Room Ambassadors
Rising Tide Brewing Co. is looking for a hard-working and dynamic individual with previous restaurant serving experience to fill a part-time position on our Front of House team.
Applicants should be passionate about craft beer and hospitality, creating a quality guest experience, and maintaining a positive work environment.
This position involves:
- Working independently and as a part of our team.
- Providing a clean, friendly, and welcoming space for guests.
- Completing daily checklists and following standard operating procedures.
- Pouring beers, flights, growlers, and alternative beverages.
- Providing quality table service by taking and deliver food orders, answering questions and providing a great customer experience. They are also responsible for delivering checks, accepting payments and tidying tables after diners leave.
- Maintaining cleanliness, tidiness, and visual displays.
- Restocking, dishwashing, and cleaning all public spaces including restrooms and patio.
- Maintaining high levels of communication.
- Evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Serving experience required.
- Must be able to work on your feet all day.
- Must have basic computer and mobile app skills. (Excel, Word, Email, Square, Slack, Google, When I Work, Spotify)
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years.
$10.68/hour plus tips, Full-time offters comprehensive benefits including high quality health care.
Please send your RESUME and COVER LETTER as email attachments to [email protected]
File formats should be .pdf, .doc files, no “pages” files, please.
The subject line on the email should read: “APPLICATION: FTAmbassador Full Name“
Rising Tide Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer. All are encouraged to apply.
Chef & Kitchen Manager
Chef & Kitchen Manager is in charge of coordinating and supervising the entire kitchen staff according to food safety standards. Create and maintain a safe, respectful, and inclusive work environment. Their duties include hiring, training and scheduling cooks, performing quality control on food leaving the kitchen, designing menus seasonally and for the Private Events program, and ordering inventory to keep up with demand. Kitchen Managers inspect the kitchen to ensure everything is organized and sanitized appropriately. They take inventory of how much food was sold each week to track goals and adjust ingredient orders accordingly. The Kitchen Manager also sources affordable suppliers and sets the price for menu items in conjunction with the Director of Hospitality.
- Managing costs to ensure gross profitability goals are met
- Hiring new staff and providing training
- Streamlining the kitchen processes to maintain prompt service times
- Develop and maintain the restaurant menu
- Setting regular cleaning standards for the kitchen and verifying that staff is maintaining sanitation levels
- Creating schedules for all kitchen staff
- Working with Event Manager catering for events
- Tracking kitchen finances
- A strong base of culinary knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution
- Attention to detail
- Financial understanding
- Physical stamina to withstand a full shift on their feet
Salary (~$50-60k based on experience) plus revenue sharing, quarterly bonuses, and comprehensive benefits package including high-quality health insurance.
Email resume and cover letter to Kailey Partin, Director of Branding and Hospitality [email protected]
Resume and Cover letter must be PDF or Word attachment. Please name each file: Kitchen Manager_Name_Resume/Coverletter.
Email subject must read: Kitchen Manager Application First and Last Name
Part-Time Tasting Room Attendant – Busser/Runner/Barback
Rising Tide Brewing Co. is looking for hard-working and dynamic individuals looking to gain restaurant experience and join our Front of House team. Tasting Room Attendant is a unique combination of bussing and cleaning tables, running food to guests, and assisting the bartender behind the bar.
- Delivering food to our guests quickly and accurately
- Clearing tables by removing dirty glassware, paper products, food waste and consciously placing items in appropriate bins whether it be trash, recyclables, or compost
- Cleaning glassware, restocking glassware and canned beverages, and changing kegs
- Sweeping and mopping floors in Tasting Room, Patio and Bathrooms
- Taking out trash, cleaning and stocking bathrooms
- Tending to emergencies like: cleaning broken glass, clogged drains, spills, unexpected messes
- Upholding sanitation and food safety principles
- Ensure patrons have all the appropriate tableware they need to properly enjoy their food
- Handle various impromptu requests from customers
- Check in with customers to ensure their experience is satisfactory
- Relay reports of customer satisfaction to the management and relevant parties
- Working independently and a part of a team
- Adhere to COVID safety protocols and procedures
- minimum age for the job is 16
- serving/selling beer is not part of the role
- Able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds
- Must be able to work on your feet all day
- Comfortable working outside
Please email a cover letter and resume as PDF or MS Word attachments to [email protected] Please ensure that your name appears in the filename for all attached documents.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.