PRODUCTION BREWER, FULL TIME
We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our brewing team. This person will report to the Senior Brewer and Director of Brewing Operations and will participate in all facets of brew house, cellar, and packaging operations as required.
The successful applicant will be both hard working and easy going with a positive can-do attitude and ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
Skills and Abilities
- Flexible work schedule: Will include early mornings, late evenings, and weekend shifts
- Strong communication skills and ability to maintain a positive attitude is critical
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be punctual and self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Competency with MS Word and Excel
- Experience as a shift brewer in a production brewery is a plus.
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Production of wort to correct specifications including all stages from grist-preparation to brewhouse cleaning.
- Yeast counting and viability assessment
- Pitch calculations
- Yeast handling and management.
- Cellar operations including dry hopping, fining, and transfers
- Packaging operations as required.
- Maintain paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Adhere to brewery safety protocols and SOPs.
- Cleaning tasks as necessary or directed.
- Other tasks throughout the brewery as necessary or directed.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift 60lbs and move 165lbs.
- Must be able to work standing for 8-10 hours at a time, with frequent crouching, lifting, twisting, bending, and stair climbing.
- Ability to work in a wet, loud, environment.
This is an hourly position that will average 40 hours per week, but may be above or below that during any given week. Hourly compensation commensurate with experience. We offer time and a half over 40 hours per week and a competitive benefits package.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume as PDF or MS Word attachments to [email protected] Please ensure that your name appears in the filename for all attached documents.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins.
Rising Tide Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.